Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm speaking correct english, na?

Every once in a while, you are sure to come across some really hilarious grammatical blunders people make without ever realizing the crime they committed by murdering English... Though it pisses me off sometimes, but at others its just too funny even to laugh at. And I am not talking about the short words people use these days succumbing to the sms fever, because that is acceptable, but bad grammar is not.

What really surprises me is the fact that a 12 year old is educated enough not to make these silly mistakes, but the people who are almost through the college will never bat an eyelid before making a comment like, "It doesn't matters". I agree that it is not possible to remember all the rules we once studied in childhood when we were too careless to give a damn about the grammar rules. But then, we don't need to.

I don't mean to offend anybody here nor do I intend that others should do it. But I would like to know about the most common mistakes you hear in day to day life, and the ones which drive you crazy, like the one I mentioned before, "It doesn't matters."

Waiting for your comments...

2 comments:

  1. Recently, i saw this msg posted in a scrapbook:
    ------------------------------------------------
    "actually.......i like a girl whose name is sweta . we are very good frnds........infact we shares every thing.....and i m fallen love with her.....but didn't told her .

    pls tell me what can i do......????.... how i proposed her..!!!! "
    ------------------------------------------------
    How pathetic is that!!!

    ReplyDelete